MAIN RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Linear and nonlinear system theory.
- Analysis and design of optimal control systems (sampled-data control systems, multirate controller design, robust controller synthesis, identification and adaptive control).
- Advanced process control (PID controller tuning, auto-tuning and self-tuning methods, predictive control).
- Structural control in civil and agricultural engineering.
- Control of power systems.
- Artificial intelligence (neural networks, fuzzy systems, heuristic optimization methods).
- Instrumentation and signal processing.
- Image processing.
- Robotics for agricultural processes.
- SCADA systems.
- Decision Support systems.
- Precision Agriculture.
- ntegrated process planning.
- Advanced automation applications in Agriculture (Climate Management for Greenhouses and Animal Buildings, Hydroponics control, management of irrigation systems, Fishery automation, automation of agricultural vehicles).
- Information systems.
- Prof. N.Sigrimis: Agricultural University of Athens, Department of Natural Resources Management and Agricultural Engineering, Laboratory of Agricultural Machinery and Automation, Athens, Greece.
- Prof. P.N.Paraskevopoulos, Dr. G.D.Pasgianos and Dr. A.G.Soldatos: National Technical University of Athens, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Division of Signals, Systems and Robotics, Control Systems laboratory, Athens, Greece.
- Prof. G.Kalogeropoulos and Assoc. Prof. S.Giotopoulos: University of Athens, Department of Mathematics, Section of Mathematical Analysis, Athens, Greece.
- Prof. T.G.Koussiouris and Prof. N.G.Maratos: National Technical University of Athens, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Division of Signals, Systems and Robotics, Athens, Greece.
- Assoc. Prof. K.J.Kyriakopoulos: National Technical University of Athens, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Division of Mechanical Structures and Automatic Control, Laboratory of Automatic Control, Athens, Greece.
- Assoc. Prof. A.J.Lygeros: National Technical University of Athens, Department of Chemical Engineering, Athens, Greece.
- Assoc. Prof. G.E.Stavroulakis: University of Ioannina, Department of Mathematics, Ioannina, Greece and Carolo Wilhelmina Technical University of Braunschweig, Braunschweig, Germany.
- Assoc. Prof. P.I.Daskalov: University of Rousse, Department of Automatics, Russe, Bulgaria.
- Prof. N.Karcanias: City University, School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, Department of Electrical, Electronic and Information Engineering, London, United Kingdom.
- Prof. R.S.Gates: Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering Department, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, U.S.A..
- Prof. Louis D. Albright and Dr. K.P.Ferentinos: Department of Agricultural and Biological Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaka, N.Y., U.S.A..
- Dr. I.K.Kookos: University of Manchester, Institute of Technology, Department of Chemical Engineering, Manchester, United Kingdom.
- Dr. A.Drysdale: The Boeing Company, Kennedy Space Center, FL, U.S.A.
- Dr. A.K.Boglou: Department of Informatics, Technological Education Institute of Kavala, Kavala, Greece.
- Dr. E.C.Zacharenakis: Department of Civil Engineering, Technological Education Institute of Heraklion, Heraklion, Greece.
- Dr. G.Syrcos: Department of Automation Engineering, Technological Education Institute of Piraeus, Piraeus, Greece.
- Dr. D.Kytagias: Department of Mathematics, Technological Education Institute of Piraeus, Piraeus, Greece.