M.Sc., Teaching and Reasearch Associate
Teaching and Reasearch Associate
Laboratory of Vegetable Production
Department of Crop Science
Agricultural University of Athens
Iera Odos 75, 11855 Athens, Greece
Τel: +30 210 529 4533
E-mail: ropokis@ aua.gr
Andreas Ropokis, M.Sc. (male), teaching assistant staff of the Laboratory of Vegetable Production of AUA. He has a long and extensive experience and detailed knowledge on vegetable grafting and laboratory techniques associated with the evaluation of the quality of vegetables and quantitative determination of inorganic nutrients in plant tissue. He has published 4 papers in refereed international scientific journals and many other papers in congress proceedings (Acta Hort.) and book of abstracts. In the last 7 years, in addition to several national research projects Mr. Ropokis has been involved as researcher in European research projects (LEGUME FUTURES, EUROLEGUME, TRUE, TOMRES) as well as in two LEONARDO Projects related to plant irrigation and hydroponics (AGRICOM, GreenNet).
- Savvas, D., Papastavrou, D., Ntatsi, G., Ropokis, A., Olympios, C., Hartman, H., Schwarz, D., 2009. Interactive effects of grafting and Mn-supply on growth, yield and nutrient uptake by tomato. HortScience 44, 1978-1982
- Savvas, D., Savva, A., Ntatsi, G., Ropokis, A., Karapanos, I., Krumbein, A., Olympios, C., 2011. Effects of three commercial rootstocks on mineral nutrition, fruit yield and quality in salinised tomatoes. Journal of Plant Nutrition and Soil Science 174, 154-162
- Petropoulos, S.A., Olympios, C., Ropokis, Α., Vlachou, G., Ntatsi, G., Paraskevopoulos, A., Passam, H.C., 2014. Fruit volatile, quality and yield of watermelon as affected by grafting. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, 16, 873-885
- Savvas, D., Öztekin, G.B., Tepecik, M., Ropokis, A., Tüzel, Y., Ntatsi, G., Schwarz, D., 2017. Impact of grafting and rootstock on nutrient to water uptake ratios during the first month after planting of hydroponically grown tomato, The Journal of Horticultural Science and Biotechnology 1-9.
- Savvas, D., Ntatsi, G., Moiras, N., Tsakalidis, A., Ropokis, A., Liopa-Tsakalidi, A., 2012. Impact of grafting and rootstock on the responses of cucumber to heavy metal stress. Acta Horticulturae 960, 49-56
- Savvas, D., Ropokis, A., Ntatsi, G., Kittas, C., 2016. Current situation of greenhouse vegetable production in Greece. Acta Horticulturae 142, 443-448.
- Ropokis, Α., Giagtzoglou, P., Ginosatis, S., Ntatsi, G., Savvas, D., Kittas, C., Katsoulas, N., 2016. Nutrient uptake concentrations of a pepper crop under Mediterranean climate conditions. GreenSys2015 – International Symposium on New Technologies and Management for Greenhouses, Évora, Portugal, 19-23.09.2015 Acta Horticulturae (accepted and revised)
- EUROLEGUME (FP7): «Enhancing of legumes growing in Europe through sustainable cropping for protein supply for food and feed» (EU code: 613781).
- LEGUME FUTURES (FP7): «Legume-supported cropping systems for Europe» (EU code: 245216 CP-FP).
- AGRICOM: “Transfer of the Water Competences Model to AGRIcultural COMpetences”«Lifelong Learning Programme Leonardo da Vinci – Transfer of Innovation – Call 2011».